NCC Special Entry Scheme 35th Course Commencing April-2014 Short Service Commission (SSC) (Non-Technology) (OTA, Chennai) for Male & Female
The Indian Army is looking for a few good Men and Women. For the best and the brightest amongst you. For men/women with intellect, idealism and courage. Applications are invited from unmarried/married male and unmarried female or widow of defence candidates for for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army.
- Vacancies : 54 posts [50 posts for male and 04 posts for women (10% reserved for wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)]
- Age : Not below 19 years and not over 25 years (not born earlier than 02 January 1989 and not later than 01 Jan 1995)
- The Criteria of NCC 'C' Certificate holders to appear directly for SSB for SSC (Non-Technical) at Officers Training Academy, Chennai : (i) Educational Qualification : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all years. (ii) Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division of NCC (iii) Grading : Should have minimum of 'B' Grade in 'C' Certificate Exam of NCC.
- Wards of Battle Casualties : Holding of NCC 'C' Certificate at the time of filling of applications not required. Wards of Battle Casualties send their applications direct to Addl. Dte. Gen of Recruiting, Recruiting NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066. A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed/ wounded/ reported missing in action issued by MP/Dte/ Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as Battle Casualtieis in case of Service/Medically boarded out pers. Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte 01/08/2013 for this category.
- Pay Scale & Stipend : Stipend during the period of training is Rs.21000/-. On completion they will be commissioned as Lt in the pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 wth Grade Pay 5400 and MSP Rs.6000/- and other allowances.
- Method of Selection : All Applications in the prescribed format will be forwarded to Rtg. Directorate (NCC) through HQ DG NCC. The NCC Units/GP HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to Hq DG NCC. On arrival at the SSB, the Shortlisted candidates will be administered stage-1 of the two stage testing procedure.
- Medical Examination : Candidates recommended by the SSB will go under Medical Examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
- Last date of receipt of application at NCC Bn/GP Hq - 01/08/2013
- Last date of receipt of application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC - 01/09/2013
You can also use common application form available at http://indianarmy.nic.in/form.
Also you can see Employment News dated 29/07/2013 page no. 24-25 for details and application format.